The efficiency class label evaluated based on customer preferences.
Delticom centralized survey results from more than 40.000 customers from 15 European countries and created this index.
More than 5 billion kilometers. Testcauciucuri.com offers over 430 000 tests firsthand - from consumers for consumers.
Apollo Aspire 4G
Apollo Aspire 4G
Premium Sport, Super Silent
- W/Y speed symbol
- Wide outer shoulder with narrow intermediate groove for excellent dry handling
- Three wide circumferential grooves reduce aquaplaning and provide excellent grip in wet conditions
- Optimized centre rib for high steering precision
- Optimized contor and pressure distribution for wider footprint
- High Styrene SBR compound with high silica content for excellent wet and dry grip
- Tapered skid profile for maximum cornering performance
- Optimized pitch sequence and even wear pattern ensures a low noise level throughout the tyre’s lifespan
The European Union, under CE 1222/2009, has mandated that all tyres manufactured after the date of July 1 2012 for cars and commercial vehicles include standard EU Tyre Labels classifying them by three performance characteristics:fuel efficiency classified from A to G,wet grip classified from A to G, and noise emission in decibels.
Categories of tyres unaffected by this regulation include: retreaded tyres, professional off-road tyres, racing/sports car tyres, as well as certain types of tyres designed to improve traction such as studded tyres, T-type temporary spare tyres, tyres for cars built before 1990, tyres with a maximum allowed speed of 80km/h, tyres for rims with a diameter less or equal to 254 mm or greater or equal to 635 mm.
This label is intended on one hand to promote economic and ecological efficiency in traffic, as well as increase road safety, and on the other hand to help consumers select appropriate tyres by ensuring a certain degree of product transparency.
Nevertheless, the label has been criticized for only showing a very limited number of characteristics. Professionals argue that tyres have many more features that are important and relevant to road safety, including but not limited to aquaplaning properties, driving stability, service life, product properties on wet and dry roads other than wet grip, properties on snow.
Tyre manufacturers suggest that the test results from various institutions and industry magazines should remain a very important source of information for the end consumer, because they focus on and rate a wide variety of tyre properties and features.