Michelin Power RS
THE NEW MICHELIN® POWER RS
UNRIVALED GRIP AND RIDING SENSATION THANKS TO MICHELIN EXPERIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Dual-Compound tread technology, derived from our latest generation of racing tires, offers incomparable grip, besting its predecessor by 3.5 seconds. *
- With its new patented carcass, more than ever MICHELIN Total Performance delivers on its promise and commitment to provide fl awless cornering and straight line stability.
ALL-NEW TREAD COMPOUNDS FRONT AND REAR COMPOUNDS
- New compounds were developed with a technology called Functional Polymer Styrene Butadiene Rubber, (SBR) which allowed us to maximize the wet grip with no compromise on dry grip.
- 100% Silica center tread compound maintains a high level of wet grip on straights.
- 100% Carbon Black lateral compound maximizes dry grip in curves.
REAR LATERAL COMPOUND
- The new rear compound is composed with new elastomers that provide high level of grip as well as fast warm up.
- This was developed with Michelin’s racing department and used in motorsports during the 2015/2016 seasons.
VARIABLE GROOVE RATIO
- 3.5% grooving at 45° results in more cornering grip.
2CT AND 2CT+ TECHNOLOGY
- Thanks to MICHELIN 2CT (Dual Compound Technology) at the front and MICHELIN 2CT+ at the rear, MICHELIN POWER RS tires deliver outstanding grip in dry and wet conditions alike.
NEW MICHELIN ADAPTIVE CASING TECHNOLOGY+
- A single ply with an angle close to 90° is used to reduce the carcass’ maximum rigidity in the crown area. Rigidity in the sidewall and shoulder areas are maintained through the use of high angle, overlapping cross plies.
- The soft top ply provides more straight line stability while the rigid sidewalls and shoulder help minimize drifting in curves.
* 3.5 seconds on average better than its predecessor based on internal tests carried out in Cartagena (Spain) in 2016 on a 2015 BMW S1000RR with tire sizes 120/70ZR17 (front) and 190/55ZR17 (rear). Average lap time of 1’50” over fi ve laps on the Cartagena race track (Spain) compared to MICHELIN Pilot Power 3.